John Seach is a scientist and the world's leading volcano adventurer. Over the past 30 years John has traveled to the world's most exciting volcanoes, and witnessed eruptions during trips to more than 200 volcanoes. John has worked on many award winning television programmes.
John is the founder of "Volcano Live", the world's first volcano news and travel website, which monitors worldwide volcanic activity, and provides adventure tours to the world's most exciting volcanoes. Volcano Live is the world's only company working exclusively in volcano film and television production.
Bachelor of Science
Scuba Diving Instructor (PADI 1989-current)
Professional Services Provided by John Seach
Film and Television Production.
Volcano Adventure Travel.
Volcano Hazard Assessment.
Volcano Adventure Milestones
John has visited active volcanoes on all continents on earth.
1) First person to abseil into active crater at Yasur Volcano, Vanuatu, while the volcano was erupting.
2) In 2008 climbed an active volcano in the Democratic Republic of Congo, evading rebels during the war.
3) First scientist to climb to summit of Chaiten volcano in Chile in 2008 after the worlds largest rhyolite eruption in 100 years.
4) Abseiled 200m into the crater at Ambrym Volcano to study the lava lakes.
5) Entered the evacuated town of Toyako Onsen during the April 2000 eruptions of Mt Usu, Japan, and evaded military roadblocks.
6) First scientist to reach the largest eruption in the world in 2005 at Manam Volcano, Papua New Guinea.
7) Filmed lava flows at Mayon volcano, Philippines 2006 and evaded military roadblocks.
8) Rare eruption observations at remote Tinakula volcano in SW Pacific in 1989-90.
9) Guided helicopter pilot to summit landing on Marapi volcano, Sumatra (9500 ft), followed by a solo descent off the mountain (2008).
10) World's most experienced observer of Ambrym volcano, Vanuatu, one of the world's most active volcanoes.
11) First person to climb into active crater at Gaua Volcano, Vanuatu.
Clients of John Seach
The following have used John's professional volcanology and filming services.
National Geographic Channel (Many programmes over past 10 years)
Sunday Night (Channel 7, Australia 2009)
Ultimate Survival (Discovery Channel 2008)
In Harms Way (CW Channel, USA 2008)
Danger Hunters (Virgin 1 Channel, UK 2008)
Take me to the Edge (Virgin 1 Channel, UK 2008)
Volcano Detectives (Discovery Channel 2000)
Japanese Television - Channel 6, Tokyo
Mornings with Kerri-Anne (Live Channel 9 Sydney)
ABC TV, ABC Radio (Australia)
BBC TV, BBC Radio (UK)
Virgin Blue Airlines (Australia)
Radio stations worldwide
Plus many other individuals and organisations with a passion for adventure...
John has been providing unique tours to the world's most active volcanoes since 1990.
More info on tours...
John Seach provides professional services to the film and television industry with many years volcano filming experience worldwide.